Properties of Concrete
Concrete possesses some characteristics/properties. The properties of concrete are very complex to analyze in perfect amount. But the main properties of concrete are–
- It can take very high compressive strength.
- Tension carrying capacity of concrete is very low.
- Concrete undergoes in shrinkage initially after its placing and it continues since its life cycle.
- Concrete deflects in certain amount which is known as creep of concrete.
- Unit weight of concrete is 2400 kg/m3.
- Concrete expands if temperature increases.
<h2>Concrete Compressive strength tests:</h2>
- Cube tests
- Cylinder tests