Structural Engineering Definition
Structural Engineering is one of the most known and demanded subject of Civil Engineering. Structural Engineering are defined as that branch of Civil Engineering that deals with the various types of structures such as bridges,buildings,culverts and much more.
As we are in 2016, there are a lot of improvement in the field of Structural Engineering. From the manual system of structural designing and detailing it has transformed to computer aided design,drafting,analysing and many other procedures. Several Structural Engineering codes for several geographic condition and seismic condition has been developed already and structural engineers are following them to build some extra-ordinary structures for the civilized society of 21st century.
Many researchers around the world are still researching on structural engineering to improve its common functionalities and to take human society a step further.
Many books are written as textbook or as research book to transfer the basic knowledge of structural engineering to the new generation of structural engineer.Textbooks are written to teach the students who wants to learn structural design,analysis and many other contemporary articles.
Besides that, many computer aided software like STAAD Pro,ETABS, SAP2000 has been developed to aid the young engineers effort of making this subject more gorgeous and realistic. These structural design,detailing has taken the part of doing troublesome work of structural analysis using various international building codes and therefore became a part and parcel of structural engineers daily life.
To study and learn structural engineering you may need textbooks on structural engineering. As there are thousands of books already be written on structural engineering so it is hard to know which book may help you better in different situations. We thought a list of best books may help you to get a path to your learning process.
Best Structural Engineering textbooks of 2016
- Structural Depth Practice Exams for the Civil PE Exam, 3rd Ed
- 16-Hour Structural Engineering (SE) Practice Exam for Buildings, 3rd Ed by Joseph S. Schuster PE
- Structures: Or Why Things Don’t Fall Dow by J.E. Gordon
- Structural Elements for Architects and Builders: Design of Columns, Beams, and Tension Elements in Wood, Steel, and Reinforced Concrete, 2nd Edition by Jonathan Ochshorn
- Structural Analysis by Aslam Kassimali
- The Art of Construction: Projects and Principles for Beginning Engineers & Architects by Mario Salvadori