Recruiting Authority: Dhaka Water and Sewerage Authority(Dhaka Wasa)
Post: Assistant Engineer ( CE)
Exam Date: 14/11/2014
Exam venue: BUET
Exam Time: 10.00 AM
Duration: 1.5 hours
Total Marks: 100
Marks Distribution: 30 marks on General knowledge(60 objectives x 0.5= 30 marks) and 70 marks on Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Problems:
1. Draw the defected shape and show the reinforcement of the following beam:
2. Compute the maximum tensile stress of the beam (consider a section of I- section with web dimension is 10 in x 10 in and flange dimension of 20 in X 5 inch):
3. Draw the stress-strain diagram of Mild steel
4. Express the bearing capacity equation and describe the terms.
5. Determine the FM of the given sieve analysis
6. Compute the stress at a point 15 m below the base of the single column foundation carrying 250 K load and size = 10 ft X 10 ft.
7. Compute the Critical Path for the given problem.
8. What is acid rain? What are the impacts of acid rain?
9.Draw the section of flexible pavement and mark the components.
10. Name five modern surveying equipments.
11.Draw the following road signals:
- No parking, Roundabout, No stopping, Prohibited right turn
12. Calculate BOD of a sample having diluted with 25 ml seeding.
13. Determine the rainwater availability for a roof area of (….), I and C (run off co-efficient are given)
14. Void ratio and volume of soil is given.determine the amount of volume of void and volume of solids.
15. 10 Fill in the gaps on civil engineering.
16. Atterberg Limits and Plasticity chart